The University of New South Wales is looking for enthusiastic students who have a passion for cutting-edge research to solve complex problems through participating in the UNSW Scientia PhD Positionsprograms.
UNSW is happy to say that, these opportunities are available for both the Australian and International students in order to commence a PhD degree program at UNSW in Australia.
The University of New South Wales is a top-tier university in Australia, established in 1949. It is located in Australia as an Australian Public Research University.
Why at the University of New South Wales? At UNSW, the applicants will learn from the best award-winning teachers and become a part of a Global University. They will get to learn about new technologies and inventions of the world.
- University or Organization: UNSW Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $41,209 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 62
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: July 12, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Home (Australia) and International applicants.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing PhD studies at UNSW Sydney.
- Admissible Criteria: Must be enrolled as a full-time applicant unless the university is not approved part-time and also be located a UNSW campus for a minimum of two years including the first year of the award.
- Applicants with strong mathematical skills and programming skills are desired. And also, those who have the ability to work in a team and strive for research excellence.
How to Apply
The application process will complete into further phases-
- Phase 1- Interested aspirants identify a UNSW Scientia Scholarship Scheme project and supervisory team with which they would like to be involved.
- Phase 2- You need to submit an expression of interest to the supervisory team via the Scientia UNSW website. And also provide information on their research experience and qualification.
- Phase 3- If in case, an interested participant’s experience and skills match the supervisory team expectation, they will contact the prospective student to discuss the project and the next move.
- Phase 4- The team will nominate up to 2 participants and they will be invited to submit a full application, which should be done in consultation with the supervisory team.
- Phase 5- You will be required to take the UNSW to apply the online system to complete their application and upload the application form.
- Phase 6- The applications assessed by the faculties and SHARPest committee and offer made in October.
- For this program, you must have First Class Honours or equivalent in cognitive science, computer science, mathematics or electrical engineering.
- Language Requirement: All interested applicants are advised to satisfy the English language requirement of the university.
Benefits: The educational award $41,209 stipend per annum for four years. In addition, a travel and development support package up to $10,000 per annum.